I completely forgot about front and rear sights plus some sling mounts.
Other than that, I think I got it put together.
There were of course the required number of rookie mistakes plus some fiddle farting around with the trigger and the safety that didn’t want to either pivot correctly or not quite fit at all.
I fixed the trigger not wanting to pivot easily by using some 600 grit wet/dry emory paper and hand lapping the ends of the trigger pivot points a little so that they just fit still but quit binding up.
The safety main barrel was actually out of round by a couple thousandths and didn’t want to fit in the hole. A little treatment with the same emory paper finally got that to fit.
I used this guy’s Youtube video series as a guide and I will absolutely recommend them as being excellent for the rookies like me.
Not a lot of unnecessary talk and he goes way out of his way to keep his hands from blocking crucial moments so you can see what is supposed to happen. He shows you how to put the lower together with all the little special pin punches etc that everyone tries to recommend and how to do it without all that stuff.
I did it the hard way even though I did have to use a couple little punches here and there. His technique of putting the detentes and springs in for the Take Down pins without using any special tools was especially appreciated by yours truly.
I also had some trouble with the rear detente spring while trying to get the pin and spring installed in front of the stock tube but eventually got all that put together.
I’d like to give a big shout out for all the help you guys gave me plus an extra special shout out to a most excellent fellow for donating the Charge handle I was still missing.
Also a big shout out to ScouterGreg for a very large donation to the cause that I will use to get the sights and sling mounts I am still short on, probably even a cantilever scope mount.
Everything seems to work as it should so now it’s just a matter of snagging these little parts and then taking it out for a test run.
I do have one question though.
Since this was my first build, is it normal to have this many parts left over?
Thankfully I had a spare parts kit stashed away.
I wound up using the extra detente springs out of it after I screwed up the two you can see in the picture there.
But, there it is, one new EBR Poodle Shooter is born, it’s a .223/.556, 16 inch barrel Plain Jane Special.
All in all it literally cost me twice as much as you could go down and buy a cheapie AR for off the rack.
Just the Upper and the Bolt Carrier alone was enough to pay for one.
None of the parts were High Speed, Low Drag specialty parts as far as I know, they were all off the shelf and paid for with cash.
This is one of those little beauties that causes Liberals and Gun Grabbing Wannabe Tyrants to wet themselves and I built it that way on purpose.
Shall Not Be Infringed.
You rotten motherfuckers.