It took the usual amount of dealing with a bunch of shit but I managed to get some new tubes and tires on the miserable POS today.
The tires I replaced were fifteen years old and literally had less than a thousand miles on them but had age rotted and split in the treads all the way to the steel belts.
$352 and a bunch of hassle at the tire shop with a Know It All youngster later,
Yet another damned thing I had to do to this thing.
But here ya go,
This one is for the doubters.
I see the next item is adjusting the valves. I haven’t done that yet since I rebuilt the engine.
My thanks to The Wifely Unit for stepping up to the plate and helping me bleed the damn brakes while I was waiting on the tire shop and then pinch hitting as my Camera man.
And yes, every time I fix something on this fucker from here on out it’s going to cost whoever ends up buying this thing.
It’s 57 years old now and they quit depreciating a long damn time ago.